In today’s digital world, we are consuming content as quickly as it goes live. If…
Have you ever considered boosting a Facebook post? You should if this scenario sounds familiar: Your law firm is on Facebook posting business updates and publishing content that promotes your practice areas, but you do not see any action on your posts.
Leveraging organic interactions has become complicated, especially with the abundance of content available to users. Even if your post’s content is unique, sometimes your business needs extra help to spread your message. But how?
In comes the power of boosting.
What is a Facebook Boosted Post?
A boosted post is any post on your firm’s Facebook timeline that you pay to have published to a broader audience outside of just your followers. A boosted post essentially
turns your Facebook post into an ad, and the goal of the boost is to grow engagement and reach on that post.
Facebook explains that “boosting a post may help you get more people to react, share and comment on it. You may also reach new people who are likely interested in your business page but don’t currently follow you.”
If your law firm is looking to grow your network on Facebook, investing in a boosting strategy can have many benefits for your social media presence.
The Benefits of a Boosted Post
A Facebook boost aims to increase the reach and reactions of the content you have posted on your business page. Boosting is one method to ensure your business’s content stands a chance to be viewed in a user’s News Feed. One great benefit of boosting is you can set your specific budget and time frame. The budget can depend on the number of users you want your post to reach and the impressions you want to get on the post.
Your firm’s results from boosting a post can help meet many goals of your social media strategy. Some of the benefits of boosting your firm’s posts include:
- Visibility: Paying to boost your post guarantees visibility. Your post will appear higher in a user’s News Feed, which leads to a better possibility of your target audience seeing your post.
- Grow your audience: A boosted post can lead to exposure to a new audience for your law firm. Facebook has the option of targeting people who like your page and their friends or audience interests that fit the services you offer.
- Increased engagement: Engagement includes likes, shares, and comments on your post. If your followers see your content appear in their News Feed, they’re more likely to engage with your post in some way.
- Exposure to the right user: Your post’s content may be more beneficial to a specific market, and a boost allows you to put your content in front of the right people. Facebook allows your business to create a target audience based on factors like gender, age, location, and interest.
- Access to analytics: Facebook insights is a great tool to show what your boost has done for your business page and ideas for how you can improve your social presence. After your boost is complete, you can see a breakdown of results like reach, clicks, reactions, comments, and shares.
- Ease to use and control: Once your firm has identified a post worth boosting and determined a budget, boosting is instantaneous. You also can control certain factors of an audience that sees your content. For example, if you only want to reach new local clients, you can set a perimeter around a specific location to target that audience.
When Should Your Firm Boost a Post?
Boosting should be considered a strategic part of your social media strategy, and not every post needs a boost on your page. Posts that are organically performing well deserve a boost and will benefit from a paid engagement opportunity. Helpful content is also worth boosting, primarily if the post showcases your firm as a thought leader.
These posts can lead to more connections and higher engagements for your law firm. Posts that link back to your website with a strong call to action are an excellent opportunity to pull your target audience from Facebook to your website. Overall, boosting is an effective way to grow your engagement and reach a broader audience on social media.
Having a strong social media presence provides your law firm with many opportunities to engage potential clients. Law as a Business (LAB) can help your firm reach your marketing goal with a social media strategy that works.
Access a free recorded course!
Social media marketing is one piece of your marketing strategy. Watch this recorded webinar as we discuss the importance of an integrated marketing strategy. We discuss a marketing approach to make sure your firm’s efforts are communicating a consistent message and the individual components within your strategy are working together. You’ll learn “bigger picture” insights that will guide marketing strategy and dollars now and in the future.