Many industries, including law firms, are facing incredible challenges to meet their clients' needs. Law…
Consumers are increasingly turning to social media to not only interact with friends and family but also to connect with companies. For many small businesses, their social media page is operated like a second website. And when done correctly, they will complement each other and increase your SEO.
Read on to learn how to Increase Your Online Presence with a Facebook Business Page
There are so many different social media platforms to choose from that can help your elder law firm’s marketing initiatives. Just as you can’t be all things to all clients, you can’t be all things on all social media platforms—pick one or two to focus on and commit yourself to those. It’s important to have a strong presence on one or two, versus being on several and not doing any well.
The platform used often by your potential elder law clients (and their families) is Facebook. First thing first, you must create a personal account if you don’t already have one and then you can create a business page. Do not try to make your personal page work for your business page. Keep your personal and professional worlds separate and maintain brand consistency.
How to Create a Facebook Business Page for Your Law Firm
- Log into your personal Facebook account.
- In the upper right corner, click the downward triangle and select “Create Page“
- Select “Local Business or Place” and enter your law firm name, category: Lawyer & Law Firm, and address. Click “Get Started.”
- Continue with the setup process and complete as much of the information as possible.
- Upload profile and timeline cover images. (Make sure you use the correct dimensions for your images so they display nicely)
- Invite friends and family to like your page to get the Likes rolling in.
- Once you’ve hit 25 likes, you’ll be able to customize your username and URL (another key part of branding).
That’s it! You’ve just created a Facebook business page for your law firm. Now don’t forget to visit back often and keep your network enlightened on all the great things you and your firm are doing.
(Note: Always be sure to confirm compliance by checking out your state bar regulations on the acceptable use of social media within your state.)
Digital marketing holds its challenges but possess rewards and great potential when marketing your law firm. It is not an overnight adventure however. A long-term plan is essential in maintaining your digital presence and growing your business. Consider a plan that allows you to build upon your efforts each year.
Thanks for reading Increase Your Online Presence with a Facebook Business Page.
>>> Recommended Read: Law Firm Marketing Trends in 2020 <<<
Access a free marketing guide!
Marketing methods you can use to stay relevant in this competitive field include nurturing and maintaining professional networks, connecting with assisted living facilities and nursing homes, and leveraging relevant communication channels and tools. To address these strategies and many more, we’ve compiled an informative and detailed marketing guide to help you future-proof your firm’s marketing efforts.